We represent businesses, individuals and nonprofit organizations by analyzing the tax consequences of transactions and ongoing business operations. We offer tax planning alternatives that further our client’s objectives with the goal of achieving more favorable tax results. We also assist clients to resolve tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities.
Typical and Illustrative Experience
- Structuring mergers and acquisitions in a tax efficient manner
- Structuring real estate transactions to qualify as like-kind exchanges
- Designing qualified and nonqualified employee benefit plans
- Filing determination and private letter ruling requests with the Internal Revenue Service
- Contesting proposed tax deficiencies with the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities